At the core of our product, there is extremely effective video fingerprinting technology. With the latest advances in scene analysis, object tracking, and motion estimation, our engine enables you to:
- detect duplicated videos across changes in resolution, bit-rate, and encoding
- detect inclusions of one video inside another(s)
- index video files and recognize a full video by its fragment.
Now, you can support this and many other useful video retrieval scenarios in your application or service.
How it works
Video Fingerprint (VF) is a compact digital descriptor of a video signal. It describes the colors, scene structure and motion of objects, i.e. actual content. Two copies of a movie will have similar video fingerprints, even if they are acquired from different sources or have a different quality or format. You can extract these descriptors from any video signal that is acquired from any type of source: fragment of TV broadcast, video file, online video, DVD or Blu-ray Disk, etc. The resulting video fingerprints can be stored, copied and compared with each other.
Who can benefit from using Video Fingerprinting
1. Online Video Hosting Services (YouTube, etc.)
Copyright Protection. Calculate the fingerprint of copyrighted videos to prevent the illegal submission of pirated copies.
2. Stock Video Archives
Block duplicates uploading. Reduce space usage. Calculate a fingerprint for each video from your collection. Compare it with the fingerprints of newly uploaded videos and make sure that they are different in order to prevent duplicate submissions.
3. TV Clipping Services (Broadcast Media Monitoring)
Make sure a certain ad is shown on time. Just build a fingerprint of the commercial and compare it with the descriptors of TV broadcast fragments to automatically detect the inclusion of the ad.
For your convenience, we’ve created a fully functional application that implements this scenario and allows for detecting ad samples in the broadcast’s dump. You can license this application too, including sources, and build your own product on the base of that or integrate it with the existing system. See the media monitoring tool’s page, for more details.
4. Developers of Video Organizer software
Group copies of the same movie together, even if they have a different format, resolution, or bit-rate.
5. Developers of set-top box software
Develop interactive ads by showing a clickable website URL when a relevant TV advertisement is shown. Count how often the ad is viewed.
6. Developers of a search engines for video
Implement search video by video functionality and be the first in the world. You just need to have extensive experience in web service building and our Video Fingerprinting SDK will do the rest.
Supported OS: Windows, Linux, any other POSIX compatible (available by request)
License fees: no fees, you only pay once and then can incorporate the technology into an unlimited number of products and sell an unlimited number of copies
Size of video fingerprint: ~1kb per second of a video stream
* most often it is only required to index 3-5 seconds of each video to detect duplicates
** it is required to index full videos for searching for entries of a video in another(s)
Indexing of one second of a video takes about 300 milliseconds, from which only 150 milliseconds is actual processing, the rest is video decompression.
Matching a pair of 10 second long fingerprints takes 1-2 milliseconds.
* all numbers were acquired using an i3 Intel processor and LAV filters for video decompression
Video reading (decoding): not included
You’ll need to implement video reading in your application or service by using some other library (FFMPEG, for example).
Code samples: available
- FFMPEG based console application that indexes video and builds fingerprint (Windows, Linux) – included
- console application that compares two fingerprints to detect duplicates (Windows, Linux) – included
- console application that searches for entries of one fingerprint inside another (Windows, Linux) – included
- Full Duplicate Video Search application’s source (Windows) – available at an additional cost
- Full Media Monitoring Tool application’s source (Windows) – available at an additional cost
VFCompare API – video fingerprinting algo implementation, optimized for the detection of duplicate videos
VFSearch API – video fingerprinting algo implementation, optimized for searching video in video
How to Evaluate the Technology
- experiment with the trial version of Duplicate Video Search
- experiment with the trial version of Media Monitoring Tool
- learn API, code samples
Video Fingerprinting SDK is licensed, not sold. By purchasing a license you obtain the right to use the SDK for creating derivative products. You are not allowed to resell the SDK. Each copy of the SDK is personal and may contain some unique identifier of the person or organization that licensed the SDK.
We expressly disclaim any warranty for the Video Fingerprinting SDK software product.
Video Fingerprinting SDK is provided “AS IS” without any expressed or implied warranty of any kind, including but not limited to any warranties of merchantability, non-infringement, or fitness of a particular purpose.
How to Buy
By doing so, you will be redirected to Regnow.com – our trusted payment processing partner.
Regnow is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with offices located across the United States, Europe, and the Asia Pacific. It provides a safe payment solution and accepts all known types of bank and credit cards, digital money, wire transfers, etc.
Choose an appropriate payment method, fill in your details and accept the payment.
After the payment is processed, you will receive your personal copy of Video Fingerprinting SDK within 3 working days.